ColourPop Petal Up Cheek Dew Review & Swatches
ColourPop Petal Up Cheek Dew Serum Blush ($8.00 for 0.48 oz.) is a medium-dark red with subtle, cool undertones and very fine, warmer red and pink pearl paired with a dewy sheen.
- Sheer, slightly buildable coverage (as marketed)
- Lightweight, gel-like consistency
- Thin but not watery, “serum” like as marketed
- Applied well over bare skin and did not lift foundation
- Shorter-wearing (6.5 hours)
for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- ColourPop Hot Fuss (P, $7.00) is less shimmery, cooler (95% similar).
- elf Caribbean (P, $7.00) is cooler (90% similar).
- About Face Big O (P, $18.00) is less shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Rose Inc Dahlia (P, $18.00) is more shimmery, darker (90% similar).
- Natasha Denona Bloom (P, $22.00) is darker, more pigmented, cooler (90% similar).
- Flower Beauty Bitten (P, $9.99) is darker, more pigmented, cooler (90% similar).
- Danessa Myricks Plum Wine (P, $18.00) is darker, more pigmented, cooler (90% similar).
- Chanel Red Camellia (1) (P, $45.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Fenty Beauty Summertime Wine (P, $20.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- MAC Never Say Never (P, $16.00) is less shimmery, lighter, cooler (80% similar).
$7.00/0.48 oz. – $14.58 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have “buildable coverage” with a “hint” of dewiness that can be applied with fingertips, sponge, or a duo fiber brush and is recommended to be applied prior to powder products.
The consistency was very fluid, and while it was sheerer by the nature of the fluidity of the formulation, you didn’t need to squeeze out that much to get going. I would recommend squeezing out a bit on the back of your hand and gently rubbing it in a small circle using a fingertip, then applying to your face. This helped the product spread out and be the perfect level of tackiness to apply to bare skin or on top of foundation/base products without lifting them up. They had sheer to semi-sheer, buildable coverage.
They don’t fully dry down, so the finish remained noticeably dewy (as the name might imply), and it didn’t have the best wear (around six hours for better-performing shades), but the products faded evenly and didn’t slide around/down my face.
Browse all of our ColourPop Cheek Dew Serum Blush swatches.
We’re here to help you make better beauty purchases that you’ll enjoy and love! We recommend signing up to take advantage of personalized features like tracking products you own, viewing dupes that you already have, and more!
Here are some useful resources for you:
Compare Any Two
Curious how two shades compare to each other? Type in the shades below to get instant side-by-side swatches!