Vegan Kale Caesar Salad – Sharon Palmer, The Plant Powered Dietitian
This super satisfying, flavorful Vegan Kale Caesar Salad is one of my all-time favorite salad recipes. Simple and rustic, but saturated with flavors and texture, this healthy caesar salad recipe works well with everything, from veggie-burgers and taco night to a more elegant menu with stuffed acorn squash or baked lasagna. Rugged kale stands up nicely to the delicious, plant-based creamy Vegan Caesar dressing, which gets a sea taste compliments of capers and seaweed. The home-baked croutons are flavored with garlic and nutritional yeast. The elements of this kale caesar salad recipe all come together into a delicious, healthy salad which will soon be your go to favorite!
Is Caesar Salad Healthy?
Typically, this salad includes romaine lettuce, croutons, parmesan cheese, and a dressing made with anchovies, parmesan, eggs, and olive oil. The addition of eggs and cheese can increase the saturated fat in the recipe. However, this recipe omits the sources rich in saturated fat, and pushes up the nutrients compliments of kale. Caesar salad nutrition improves with the addition of nutritious ingredients, like kale, whole grain bread in the croutons, and heart-healthy fats, such as cashews in the vegan parmesan cheese. Caesar salad calories are lightened up by reducing heavy dressings and cheeses in lieu of a lighter touch. Check out the nutritional information for this light and healthy caesar salad below.
This super-flavorful, healthy BEST ever Vegan Kale Caesar Salad pairs beautifully with a hearty soup, veggie-burgers, tacos, and beyond.
- Chop kale and add to large salad bowl with capers.
- To make croutons: Place whole grain bread on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with nutritional yeast and garlic powder. Bake at 400 F for about 8 minutes, until toasted. Set aside.
- To make dressing: Place mayonnaise, tahini, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, capers, nutritional yeast, garlic, and black pepper in the container of a small blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Toss into kale salad and blend well.
- To make vegan parmesan: Blend cashews, nutritional yeast, and salt in a small blender or process until fine. Sprinkle over kale salad.
- Sprinkle croutons and vegan parmesan over kale salad.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes 12 (1-cup) servings.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 93
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 121 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 6 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 5 g
Keywords: cesar salad, vegan cesar salad, best vegan cesar salad, easy vegan cesar salad
Try a few of my other favorite plant-based salad recipes:
Chopped Winter Salad with Lemon Dressing
Greek Mizuna Salad with Sumac Spice Vinaigrette
Quinoa Apple Waldorf Salad
Jewel Winter Salad with Orange Vinaigrette
Italian Chopped Salad
Nicoise Salad with Tofu
This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, click here.